At age 10, I passed the Ohio hunter safety course. That same year, my Dad gave me my first gun -- a nice old 16ga Ithaca side-by-side with a shortened stock and 26-inch barrels so I could handle it in the field. One of my proudest memories was walking the field with my Dad and taking down my first pheasant. Years later, my own son got his first pheasant with that same Ithaca.
While hunting has (sadly) been on the decline for years now, there are still passionate, dedicated and responsible individuals pursuing the sport as a critical part of their lives and traditions. I started Upland Financial Partners because I saw a real void out there for folks like me – people who love the camaraderie, serenity, beauty and respect for nature that is part of this life. I wanted to create a firm dedicated to the unique financial and estate planning issues faced by hunters and gun collectors, while also being a safe haven for openly discussing and pursuing our passions. I hope you will join us.
On a personal note, I…
- Am blessed to be married to Holli for 25 years, raising two incredible kids who will both change the world
- love to cook and travel
- am a walking encyclopedia of classic and alt rock
- start my day by reading stoic philosophy
- nerd out on history and the US constitution
- can be found enjoying fine Bourbon and wine with friends
- patiently wait for the Ohio State Buckeyes and the Cleveland Browns to win football championships in the same year
I’m an active member and financial supporter of:
- Pheasants Forever
- Quail Forever
- NRA (Life Member)
- The Cato Institute
- Vino & Veritas
I love to read. My favorites include:
- Henry David Thoreau "Walden" and "Civil Disobedience"
- Ayn Rand "Atlas Shrugged"
- Milton Friedman "Capitalism and Freedom"
- Andrew Roberts "Churchill: Walking with Destiny"
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky "Crime and Punishment"
- George Orwell "1984"
- Aldous Huxley "Brave New World"
- Jack Kerouac "On the Road"
- Ernest Hemingway "The Nick Adams Stories"
- F. A. Hayek "The Road to Serfdom"
- John Steele Gordon "An Empire of Wealth"
- H.W. Brands "The First American: The Life and Times of Benjamin Franklin"
- Alexander Hamilton "The Federalist Papers"
- Ronald Reagan "An American Life: The Autobiography"